
On a sabbatical evening something gets closer to my cheek and casts the warmth of its breath. I could feel a reluctant cascade of thin silky hair painting over my face. It wheezed into my ear and a wet surface varnished my chin and neck. Finally a flat drumstick bangs my chest and the revelry begins! Suddenly I am out of the eldarado!! I peeled my eyes and discovered my 1 year old girl child striving to settle over my chest. Ambrosia from her little mouth is spilled all around my neck and aloof giggles the smiling queen (my wife). My lips were dragged wide too.
Twilight beckoned me through the window. Perhaps, reminding me of a business meeting late in the evening. As I quietly analyzed the possible result of the meeting, my child gloats at me baffled. Zilch does her little eyes know about time and money!! I bid her bye by pressing my lips on her tender cheek and never forgetting my wife’s due, a kiss, I drove out.
A prolific meeting settled me for the day. From the meeting hall I took a solitary walk towards the elegant BMW and pondered about the trip to manhood from childhood. Inured to fetch wealth, the buccaneer transforms into a centaur in order to run faster to the target (money). Result? The coffer grows bigger and so does worries. The zest to exhibit posh self wrecks ones own soul. Money gives comfort and not happiness but man heeds it not. Money isn’t the panacea for grief. Rather it’s an obstinate disease killing you softly. Being mortals we all have our end someday………
Oops! I am in a peril of being a day dreamer. I confabulate a lot with my soul these days. After all why should I bother about it? I haven’t enough wealth for myself or have I? The chase for money never ends. In this rate race, I reckon, all we have got to share with each other is love and love alone. The only thing that’s available free of cost everywhere and with everyone.
Driving past the most sophisticated cars of the day that surpass each other in terms of value, I reached my little castle. The angelic lass stared at me somnolently. The rolex wrist watch in my hand ticked 2 past mid night! It was my time to apologize. …….hardly three words of explanation fell off my mouth, she leaned on me drowsily placing her hand gently upon my lips and I walked into the night carrying her in my arms.
(Actually written somewhere in 2004)

No comments:
Post a Comment